PRODUCT MANAGER (PLATFORMS)
Rallyware’s mission is to provide every member of any distributed group with meaningful opportunities to feel connected, engaged, and valued within the overarching community to unlock their full potential. Rallyware’s Performance Enablement Platform delivers the right training and business activities to the right people at the right time in the right experience by connecting company-specific business goals with their workforce performance data. We believe in the power of every single employee leading a company to success, and we foster this power with the help of our highly scalable, data-driven mobile and web platforms. Rallyware is trusted by market-leading customers across the globe, including Samsung, Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, and many others, to achieve higher sales, faster onboarding, increased adherence and
participation in initiatives, stronger digital presence of corporate learning and development, more effective communication, and many other business objectives across a variety of industries, with primary focus on direct selling.
Rallyware was founded at MIT in 2012 and is a graduate of Techstars Boston. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with the team distributed across the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Peru, and Argentina. We are a team of high-performing, responsible, and sociable people who enjoy being in the trenches of a high-growth startup and are dedicated to understanding customer problems and solving tough challenges together. Our people are proactive, conscientious, highly
communicative, collaborative, and impactful; we place the team ahead of ourselves and strive to excel in cross-functional work to move the company forward.
We are looking for an energetic, communicative, high-performing entrepreneurial mind who is excited and motivated by big challenges to be our next Product Manager leading the Platforms product direction.
As a Product Manager at Rallyware, you will be defining the future and leading the development of Rallyware’s integrations suite. If you are:
- A highly collaborative team player ready to contribute since day one to drive innovation and deep business impact;
- Someone with a high degree of ownership who is not afraid to take on challenges and fully own the outcomes;
- Comfortable with ambiguity, biased towards action, and eager to move fast in a real-world production environment;
- An empathetic individual passionate about user experience and usability;
- A curious mind who questions status quo and strives to continuously improve;
- A great communicator when it comes to facilitating feedback loops with stakeholders and peers;
- Eager to learn, grow, and succeed;
- Ready to contribute to a focused mission and bring success to organizations and individuals by empowering both.
Then we want to hear from you right away.
In this role, you will:
- Focus on the development and execution of the strategy and roadmap of the Rallyware integrations suite, including rigorous discovery effort, timely delivery of feature sets, and organized communications with relevant stakeholders;
- Take responsibility for each stage of the API, SDK, and Salesforce integration lifecycle, including functional, security, reliability, and performance requirements;
- Work on the transformation of existing services into externally-consumed SDKs and toolkits, including a major AppExchange focus;
- Support the integration of external customer services and toolkits into Rallyware’s platforms;
- Take on other challenging product management assignments as needed, and handle them with autonomy and extremely high, mission-critical visibility;
- Collaborate closely with both internal and external stakeholders, as well as partner teams that include product, engineering, design, customer success, sales, and marketing to identify business opportunities, whether it concerns new marketable ideas or existing functionality enhancements;
- Lead the product development process by actively gathering, assessing, and meticulously organizing the requirements coming from our enterprise customers, while working closely with our customer success team to ensure optimal alignment with the business needs;
- Spearhead the design and development of new features along with improving existing functionality to contribute to the overall business goals and success by actively participating in a wide range of discovery activities and iterative ideation exercises, as well as write functional and easily digestible specifications;
- Gain a deep understanding of and become a subject matter expert on Rallyware’s platforms, history, customers, and vision;
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of our product knowledge base.
Competencies and Requirements:
To be a successful Product Manager at Rallyware:
- Product Development:
You are able to write a clear specification for major features with the right level of details, while leveraging different spec formats or wireframes/prototypes as necessary to sufficiently describe the feature;
You can work effectively with your team members to gather all necessary information that needs to be in the specification;
Your specs define clear, meaningful, and achievable goals and describe
functionality in detail sufficient for stakeholders to understand the features and for engineers to build the features without making assumptions;
You can articulate the goals and business justification for current projects and make the correct implementation trade-off decisions to build and launch on schedule in a high-quality manner;
You can identify and triage issues/features in an organized manner, and understand how different features are interrelated to catch more complex problems pre-emptively.
- Relationship Management:
You are able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with different internal and external teams by being a highly communicative, adaptable contributor;
You can work effectively with the remote engineering teams across multiple cultures and time zones;
You can identify the broad set of stakeholders you need to align with, whether it concerns your current project or any planned work for the future;
You can effectively communicate status, progress, and outcomes across the company, while being able to proactively highlight issues that block the projects, and setting accurate expectations with regards to the state of the work scope;
You know when to focus on the details and when to present a strategic view.
- Technical Depth:
You have a deep experience in building and launching various APIs and SDKs, integration solutions, and web services, preferably in high-performance enterprise settings;
You understand the modern enabling technologies for web app and mobile app development and take those into consideration when defining specifications;
You have a working knowledge of API and SDK management processes and components such as design, security, gateways, publishing, catalog and documentation, and analytics;
You have a strong eye for design, a general sense of what constitutes a good user experience, and the ability to make concrete recommendations on improving that experience;
You can create wireframes and articulate product concepts in a clear and efficient manner.
The following additional experience is highly desired:
- Experience is managing enterprise products and serving/collaborating with enterprise clients;
- Solid working experience in building Salesforce AppExchange integrations;
- Analytical aptitude and hands-on data-driven problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to different audiences;
- Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development.
If you think that this opportunity matches well your experience, skills and what you are naturally good at – please apply with your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be in touch shortly!