SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Location Peru or Argentina
Rallyware’s mission is to provide every member of any distributed group with meaningful opportunities to feel connected, engaged, and valued within the overarching community to unlock their full potential. Rallyware’s Performance Enablement Platform delivers the right training and business activities to the right people at the right time in the right experience by connecting company-specific business goals with their workforce performance data. We believe in the power of every single employee leading a company to success, and we foster this power with the help of our highly scalable, data-driven mobile and web platforms. Rallyware is trusted by market-leading customers across the globe, including Samsung, Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, and many others, to achieve higher sales, faster onboarding, increased adherence and participation in initiatives, stronger digital presence of corporate learning and development, more effective communication, and many other business objectives across a variety of industries, with primary focus on direct selling.
Rallyware was founded at MIT in 2012 and is a graduate of Techstars Boston. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with the team distributed across the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Peru, and Argentina. We are a team of high-performing, responsible, and sociable people who enjoy being in the trenches of a high-growth startup and are dedicated to understanding customer problems and solving tough challenges together. Our people are proactive, conscientious, highly communicative, collaborative, and impactful; we place the team ahead of ourselves and strive to excel in cross-functional work to move the company forward.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated, and high-performing Senior Technical Support Engineer with a strong sense of ownership, eager to master new technologies and work in a challenging and fast-paced environment. You will regularly interact with business and engineering teams—both internal and external.
Rallyware is committed to diversity and inclusion in continuing to build a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. We evaluate each candidate on the merits of their skills, competencies, cultural fit, and contribution to the company.
- Strong software engineering background (8+ years, preferably with B2B/Enterprise solutions);
- Deep knowledge of PHP 7 and higher;
- Extensive experience with Symfony 4 and higher;
- Good knowledge of SQL and extensive experience with PostgreSQL 10.x and higher;
- Working experience with React.JS (optional, would be a big plus);
- Familiarity with AWS and Docker;
- Proven expertise using and administering GIT;
- Good understanding of OOP principles;
- Strong experience and good knowledge of software architecture patterns and systems integration patterns;
- Excellent working knowledge of best practices and IT operations in supporting demanding, scalable, always-up, always-available production environments;
- Working knowledge of Jira or other ticketing systems;
- Strong logical, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Result-oriented attitude, willing to get things done;
- Ability to accurately estimate efforts and follow the commitments;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and collaboration skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English (Upper-Intermediate and higher).
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical, and sensitive technical issues;
- Communicate with customers as the company’s technical representative in tandem with the customer success team;
- Ensure durability, scaling, and maintainability of software architecture and technical solutions;
- Ensure solution alignment with the engineering team, the business teams, and the customers;
- Uncover the customer’s business goals, assumptions, and constraints;
- Identify architecturally significant requirements;
- Come up with and communicate architectural vision and solution options;
- Implement, document, and maintain solution architecture designs;
- Ensure that systems meet all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
If you think that this opportunity matches well your experience, skills and what you are naturally good at – please apply with your resume and cover letter at email@example.com, and we’ll be in touch shortly!