SENIOR BACKEND ENGINEER
Rallyware’s mission is to provide every member of any distributed group with meaningful opportunities to feel connected, engaged, and valued within the overarching community to unlock their full potential. Rallyware’s Performance Enablement Platform delivers the proper training and business activities to the right people at the right time by connecting company-specific business goals with workforce performance data. We believe in the power of every single employee to lead a company to success, and we foster this power with the help of our highly scalable, data-driven mobile and web platforms. Market-leading customers trust Rallyware across the globe to achieve higher sales, faster onboarding, increased adherence and participation in initiatives, a stronger digital presence of corporate learning and development, more effective communication, and many other business objectives across a variety of industries, with a primary focus on direct selling.
Rallyware was founded at MIT in 2012 and is a graduate of Techstars Boston. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA, with the team distributed across Chicago, Virginia Beach, and Kharkiv. We are a team of high-performing, responsible, and sociable people who enjoy being in the trenches of a high-growth startup and are dedicated to understanding customer problems and solving tough challenges together. Our people are proactive, conscientious, highly communicative, collaborative, and impactful; we place the team ahead of ourselves and strive to excel in cross-functional work to move the company forward.
- Design and create services and system architecture for projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members;
- Collaborate with a team of Back-End Software Engineers, Project Managers, and System Administrators;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms, and products;
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution;
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule.
- Strong knowledge and commercial experience of PHP 7.0 and higher;
- Experience with Symfony;
- Understanding of OOP principles;
- Using and understanding design patterns;
- Knowledge of SQL;
- Experience with PostgreSQL11;
- English – Intermediate.
- Flexible hours;
- Paid vacation (18 days/year) and sick leaves;
- Opportunity for self-realization and professional growth;
- Collaborative international team environment;
- Minimum bureaucracy and no time tracking systems;
- Excellent compensation package.
If you think that this opportunity matches well your experience, skills and what you are naturally good at – please apply for this role by clicking here.